Monday 15 February 2010

Good news...

I'm very happy to report a reconciliation between the love-birds: a coincidence, that yesterday was Valentines Day? I think not.

In worse news, however, category 3 Cyclone Pat has swept across Aitutaki, where we're going next week, causing damage to 70-90% of the houses on the island, bringing down trees and breaking someone's leg. Fortunately the resorts, she said selfishly, are apparently ok, having been more sturdily built than people's houses; and we'll still be going. At least the risk of having a coconut fall on my head must now be much reduced.

2 comments:

MsDarkstar said...

Hooray for the lovebirds!

Wishing your travels are safe from bonks on the head by errant coconuts!

TravelSkite said...

Thank you! I saw one fall into a pond once - it was like a scene from 'The Dambusters'. Really quite alarming. I've been told coconuts take out more people annually than sharks do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...